Monday, October 1, 2012

The Decision to Try Again…

Happy October!

I love my job. I wake up every morning and get to spend the day with my daughter. How much luckier can I be?

We won’t talk about the time she put my keys in the toilet, or how I don’t wear a whole lot of make-up anymore, and sometimes I miss the daily interactions with other adults ☺ I do miss all of those things (well except the keys), but this is a really special time in my life, and Lily’s!

After my husband got home last night we started talking about the idea of expanding our family. Getting pregnant with Lily was AMAZING, but it took some time and we really don’t want too large of an age gap between our children.

I have a lot of emotions about this and I’ll name a few: anxious, excited, nervous…I think these are normal and I look forward to bringing another little life into the world.

Before bringing this bit of news to the blog, I was talking about it with my mother, who always has her own piece of advice ☺ She started questioning what I will do differently this time around as a mom (in a nice way, I swear.)

One thing that I’ve become more aware of is cord blood banking. I really didn't know much about banking your umbilical cord blood when Lily was born and had NO idea how many uses it had. I like the idea that it would be there if we ever needed it. I still need to do more research, and I’ve spoken to a lot of mom’s including family friends who have banked their cord blood. I still need more information, but it is definitely something I am looking into.

Another thing that hit me is I need to learn not to sweat the small stuff. I still panic when Lily cries and assume she’s in real trouble. Half of the time she’s just hungry, or tired or just wants to cry! I’ve learned this lesson the hard way.

I wish I could leave this post open because these thoughts pop into my head and I never write them down. I suppose I’ll leave it open and forgive me if you see random “...what I will do differently...” thoughts in later posts. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment