Friday, June 7, 2013

Father's Day Is Coming!

Since Lily was born I find that each year I get really excited about Father's Day.  Possibly even more excited than Mother's Day (kind of weird right?).  I love making my DH feel special and dedicating a day just for him.  His day will most likely involve a round of golf with his father and friends, but as a family we always celebrate and enjoy the day.

I've been trying to find a few gifts that will really top off the day.  Here's are my 2013 Father's Day Gift Ideas:

5. Wood Pellet Smoker

Source: http://www.bbqfans.com
This baby is nearly $1K so I think we'll skip this model, but I've seen others that are much more reasonable.  My husband LOVES smoked pork chops, salmon and chicken.  I think he would smoke his salads if he could.  This would be a great addition to our grill gear.

4.  Artwork from Lily

I saw this piece on Etsy but I swear Lily and I could create this ourselves.  This is actually a greeting card, but I can envision creating it on a canvas.  It would be a perfect addition for his office, and I think he would love it.  



3.  New Money Clip

A new fresh way to hold his money is always appreciated.  I particularly like this one because of the golf theme and it's relatively inexpensive at $79.95 at redenvelope.com


2. Breakfast in Bed

This goes without saying.  My husband will get his favorite- two eggs over easy with raisin toast and extra crispy bacon in bed.  Black coffee and orange juice.  Done and done!

1.  A Hammock
This is a family beneficial gift that we could all enjoy.  We have a fairly large backyard and a hammock would fit perfectly.  My in-laws have a hammock and I've caught them napping when I make visits :)  They're incredibly comfortable and I think Lily would get a kick out of it too.  

Source: http://pawleysislandhammocks.com/
Even thought Father's Day is still a few days away, I hope these ideas help inspire! 

3 comments:

  1. I have been racking my brain on gift ideas!!!! These are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great gifts ideas! My husband loves to grill as well so I will be filing the smoker away under future ideas.

    ReplyDelete